Total Immersion One Day Workshops:
'Effortless Endurance - Freestyle' (Level 1)
- Saturday 2 November 2019 (fully booked - more dates coming soon)
Holmes Place Health Club Schloßstrasse, Berlin
Total Immersion - Effortless Endurance Freestyle (Level 1)
Learn the fundamental skills for efficient freestyle swimming with Total Immersion technique and in only one day improve your swimming forever. We will be running a one day Effortless Endurance Freestyle workshop on Saturday 2nd November. The workshop includes two pool sessions, presentations/questions and answers in the classroom and video analysis of your stroke in the morning and afternoon sessions.
About the Effortless Endurance Freestyle Workshop:
This workshop introduces the fundamental skills and three foundations of Total Immersion swimming - balance, streamlining, stability. You will learn how to swim effortlessly and efficiently in a fun and friendly environment. The workshop is suitable for people of a wide range of abilities including; - Longtime swimmers who find themselves stuck on a plateau or who have lost motivation.
Who should take this workshop?
- New swimmers who want to develop great habits.
- Self-coached swimmers who would like expert assessment and advice.
- Triathletes looking to improve their stroke and use less energy and improve their swim times using less effort.
- Open Water swimmers looking to improve their stroke and make it more efficient.
What will you learn?
During the workshop you'll learn the three foundation skills of effortless distance swimming:
- Balance and Stability: Become 'weightless' by learning to cooperate with gravity instead of fighting it. Learning balance transforms struggle into smoothness and calms churning legs. It also brings the body control and mental calm necessary to learn every skill that follows.
- Streamlined: Learn to move through water, rather than move it around, by shaping your body to be longer, better aligned, more hydrodynamic; and Stroking in ways that minimise waves and turbulence. Streamlined swimming means that you travel farther and easier on each stroke.
- Whole Body Propulsion: Replace churning with effortless power by connecting arm and leg actions to rhythmic, relaxed weight shifts initiated in the core. Instead of generating muscular force you’ll direct 'available' forces of body mass and gravity.
This workshop is recommended for those who can swim 25 meters or more of crawl stroke or who have studied TI skills previously via the Total Immersion Academy. The workshop includes expert instruction, individualised feedback and two video analysis sessions.
Location: Holmes Place Health Club, (Schlossstraße), Schildhornstraße 1, 12163 Berlin
Date: Saturday 2 November 2019 (fully booked) - please email to join wait list.
Duration: 9:15 - 18:00
Fee: 225 €
Register here (booking/payment is via Eventbrite - opens in new window)
Water and snacks will be provided, you should bring your own lunch or buy from the cafe open at the Health Club. There are also bakeries /cafes/supermarket close to the venue.
Participants: 10-12 max.
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*(DE) Hinweis: Der Workshop wird überwiegend in englischer Sprache durchgeführt.
Workshops include two sessions of video analysis of your swimming