Total Immersion One Day Workshops:
'Effortless Endurance - Freestyle' (Level 1) in Berlin
- Saturday 4 April - * POSTPONED until 2022
Holmes Place Health Club Schloßstrasse, 12163 Berlin
'Effortless Endurance - Freestyle' (Level 1) in Köln / Cologne
- Saturday 14 March (sold out)
Holmes Place - Club Am Gürzenich, 50667 Köln
Total Immersion - Effortless Endurance Freestyle (Level 1)
Learn the fundamental skills for efficient freestyle / front crawl swimming with Total Immersion technique and in only one day improve your swimming forever. The workshop includes two pool sessions, presentations/questions and answers in the classroom and video analysis of your stroke in the morning and afternoon sessions.
About the Effortless Endurance Freestyle Workshop:
This workshop introduces the fundamental skills and three foundations of Total Immersion swimming - balance, streamlining, stability. You will learn how to swim effortlessly and efficiently in a fun and friendly environment. The workshop is suitable for people of a wide range of abilities including; - Longtime swimmers who find themselves stuck on a plateau or who have lost motivation.
Who should take this workshop?
- New swimmers who want to develop great habits.
- Self-coached swimmers who would like expert assessment and advice.
- Triathletes looking to improve their stroke and use less energy and improve their swim times using less effort.
- Open Water swimmers looking to improve their stroke and make it more efficient.
What will you learn?
During the workshop you'll learn the three foundation skills of effortless distance swimming:
- Balance and Stability: Become 'weightless' by learning to work with gravity instead of fighting it. Learning balance transforms struggle into smoothness and calms churning legs. It also brings the body control and mental calm necessary to learn every skill that follows.
- Streamlined: Learn to move through water, rather than move it around, by shaping your body to be longer, better aligned, more hydrodynamic; and moving in ways that minimise waves and turbulence. Streamlined swimming means that you travel farther and easier on each stroke.
- Whole Body Propulsion: Replace splashing with effortless power by connecting arm and leg actions to rhythmic, relaxed weight shifts initiated in the core. Instead of generating muscular force you’ll direct 'available' forces of body mass and gravity.
This workshop is recommended for those who can swim 25 meters or more of crawl stroke or who have studied TI skills previously via the Total Immersion Academy. The workshop includes expert instruction, individualised feedback and two video analysis sessions.
Workshop Language: English
(DE - Hinweis: Alle Workshops werden in englischer Sprache durchgeführt.)
Participants: 10-12 max.
Water and snacks will be provided, you should bring your own lunch or buy from the area. There are also bakeries /cafes/supermarket close to the venue.
Location: Holmes Place - Club Am Gürzenich, Gürzenichstraße 6-16, 50667 Köln
Date: Saturday 14 March 2020 - Köln / Cologne
Duration: 9:15 - 18:00
Fee: 225 €
Location: Holmes Place Health Club, (Schlossstraße), Schildhornstraße 1, 12163 Berlin
Date: Saturday 4 April 2020 - Berlin
* POSTPONED until 2022
Duration: 9:15 - 18:00
Fee: 225 €
For further information please email: email@example.com
Workshops include two sessions of video analysis of your swimming